1. Supply unit:
- Electric mains connection
- Process and cooling gas connections
- High voltage generator
- Plasma current control block
- Gas control block
- Front panel with operation controls
2. Gas and power conductors
in a flexible tube.
3. Plasma unit: The central electrode, outer electrode
and insulator form a discharge zone.
- The high voltage generator converts the main voltage
into the high voltage
(up to 10 kV) which is necessary
for the formation of the electrical discharge.
- The high
voltage and the process/cooling gases are supplied
in the discharge zone by the flexible conductor.
- The airflow
carries the active species (i+, e-, r *) produced in
the electrical arc from the discharge zone.
- The special
nozzle form focuses the stream of the active gas onto
the surface of the sample part to be treated.